Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

As 2007 was winding down, I found myself very excited for 2008! In previous years, there was always something holding me back from truly celebrating the New Year. Deep down, I knew what it was...but I never shared it with anyone. In my heart I was always a little sad. "Another year without being any closer to a baby," is what would always go through my mind. I would start doing the math and know that no baby would be coming with us to the beach in June either. Those were always the two toughest times of the year for me........Christmas and our annual vacation to Myrtle Beach in June. "Maybe next year," I would tell myself.

As Brit, my grandmother, and I sat and watched the ball dropped in Times Square, tears started to build. As soon as Brit leaned over to give me the "Happy New Year Kiss"....the tears were streaming. We opened a bottle of champagne and toasted in the New Year and Kennedy. This is the year we have waited for. This is the year our dreams come true. This is the year we bring our baby home.

May God bless all of us in 2008 and I pray he brings Kennedy home quickly and safe.