Thursday, January 17, 2008

27 days and counting...

....until I meet Kennedy for the very first time!

My friends tell me that my entries have been real "tear jerkers" lately, so I will keep this one up beat and light hearted.

Mamma (pronounced Mam-maw, my grandmother) booked our flight today for Guatemala. Unfortunately we will not be staying in Guatemala City where the other adoptive mothers will be. We will be in Antigua which is 45 minutes away, but beautiful! I am disappointed I will not be able to meet them on this trip, but am looking forward to the "Mommy & Me Time" I will be spending with Kennedy. More good news...we extended our trip an extra day! We will now be flying back on 2/17/08 giving us an extra day with Kennedy! Brit and I are going shopping tomorrow to pick up items for Kennedy. She will have a suitcase all to herself!

I'll try to post pictures this weekend of Brit assembling the crib. I didn't think it was possible to love him any more. But when I see him doing "Daddy Work", I fall for him all over again. I just know the first time I see him holding Kennedy it will melt my heart.

All for now. I need to go brush up on my Spanish. Hasta luego!