Friday, January 11, 2008

Central Authority Established

Not to worry...Senator Casey's office has not been bombarded with telephone calls...yet. As I just looked at my last entry, I figured I am now on some government watch list. I might call next week if we still do not have our pre-approval. Today marks 38 days that we have been waiting. Just two months ago the wait was only 20 days. The typical length right now is 45 days. (That means next week should be our week!)

I received a wonderful email from Carol on Wednesday. The Central Authority (CA) has been created! In-process cases will be grandfathered into the old system. This is good news! Because CA is very new, there is still no word on the process for registering cases. However, this means that once we get kicked out of PGN, we can register with the CA and get back into PGN again (As soon as we have our pre-approval!) We officially entered PGN on 12/20/07. We can't re-enter PGN without our pre-approval. So please pray that the stars are aligned and we get our pre-approval within the same week we get kicked out of PGN so we can hurry up and get back into PGN again.

Brit and I are going to work on putting the crib together this weekend. Wish us luck! And thank you for your continued prayers for all families going through this process. Two of my adoption friends got word this month that they can go pick up their babies.

I get goose bumps just thinking about it! I keep daydreaming about the plane ride to Guatemala and meeting our daughter for the very first time. Wow! I might not stop crying for a month!