Monday, April 7, 2008

Still Waiting...

We are still waiting on word about our embassy appointment. I really hope I find out today. I really started getting anxious last Thursday. I have an obsession with my email...I have to check it all the time. I try to wait an hour before I check it again, but I am rarely able to wait that long.

We received the lab results in the mail on Saturday. We were in Pittsburgh, so we didn't actually open them until we returned on Sunday. When Brit went for the mail, he came in and said, "We got something from Lab Corp". "Open them quick", I exclaimed. "There will be a photo of Kennedy inside!" Sure enough, there was a Polaroid of Kennedy from the day they took the DNA test (3/24/08). "Oh my goodness...look at that hair," I giggled. To my amazement, she has even more hair. It was pulled up on top of her head in two pigtails. She was sitting up on an exam table with her foster mother holding onto her little hand to support/stabilize her. She is wearing one of the little outfits we had sent down previously.

I looked up into Brit's eyes and we were both renewed with excitement. We will find out this week when she is coming home.....maybe even yet today! I need a date soon, or I am going to go mad.

I need to share that a dear friend, an advocate for children, and a champion of their education passed away on Saturday, April 5, 2008. Dixie Hunter, who I served on the Juniata County School Board with, lost her battle with lung cancer. She was someone I looked up to and was a true mentor to me. We met when I was only 24 years old. She taught me so much. She will be missed by so many. Please keep her family in your prayers. She leaves behind a husband, sisters, and parents who loved her dearly.