Thursday, April 10, 2008

I’m Going Nucking Futs!

I feel like I am trapped in some type of Adoption Purgatory. Caught between two worlds – adoption in process and home forever! Am I being punished for something? I did want to learn more Spanish before our pick up trip. Hablo Espanol! Hablo Espanol! I am screaming at the top of my lungs and no one can hear me.

I have emailed the embassy twice at two different email addresses and…nothing. When I press the “send” button I actually think I hear crickets chirping in the background. (You know…like on cartoons.) Do they even have crickets in Guatemala?

Many people have been offering us parenting advice. A lot have said, “Just wait, she’ll test your patience even more when you get her home.” Maybe that is why we are going through this now. Kennedy is preparing us for these future dialogues:
“But the puppy likes to eat it.”
“That is what all the other girls are wearing.”
“He is only two years older then I am.”
“But you have a tattoo!”

Hmm…come to think of it. Maybe this is the easy part. Brit is being more productive then I am. He is calling both of our Senators’ offices. The lab that processes the DNA results is also sending another copy of the results to the Embassy. Let’s hope today is the day we get out of the Adoption Purgatory!