Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hey, Heidi........Pictures!

This post is dedicated to my cousin, Heidi. She checks the blog every morning and tonight she told me it was time for an update. When I got home I checked my email and received photos of Kennedy. Perfect timing!


Wow, she looks so big! To my knowledge the most recent pictures (more at bottom of page) were taken around January 12, 2008. That was the date of Kennedy's last medical check up. Kennedy was a little over 3 months old at the time and she weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs.


Now for the adoption stuff. We were kicked out of PGN the end of January. Right now we are waiting for a certificate from the newly established Central Authority. Once we get it, we can get back into PGN. Please pray that it happens soon! I am optismitc that we can be back into PGN by February 18, 2008. Which would mean if all goes smoothly we could be out for good by March 30, 2008 and be picking up Kennedy by April 30, 2008. This is of course me "dreaming through rosey colored glasses"!


Now back to Heidi. We have a unique situation in our family. I am adopting and Heidi is pregnant (we are both first time Mommies). It has been so much fun for me. I get to experience the miracle of both adoption and pregnancy at the same time. Heidi gets ultrasound pictures and I get emailed pictures. The experience is so different, but yet so similar. I know this was part of God's plan. Heidi is also having a baby girl, Olivia. Our daughters will be in the same grade and go to the same school and ultimately share a special bond. Undoubtedly, our daughters will bring us and our family even closer together. The Kerstetter's haven't had a baby in the family since my brother.....and he is 24! What an amazing year 2008 will be!


Of course the wait is still difficult. I leave for Guatemala in 6 days. I feel like I did when getting married......excited and terrified at the same time! The wait is still tough. I wanted to share this story for you that was forwarded to me by another adopting mom....."Waiting can make our hearts bigger so that we can love deeper. Waiting can give us time to pray for our sweet children who are on the way. God can use the waiting time to mold us into the parents He needs us to be for the children He is sending our way."